This is such a quick simple bake that will have your friends and family singing your praises! You don’t need to tell them that all you did was stick it in a bowl and whizz it together. Yes, it really is as simple as that! These mini loaves are packed with banana, pecan nuts, and drizzled with a sticky lemon syrup. Yum. Yum. Share them with all your loved ones, unless they’re nut allergic. Because no one likes anaphylaxis at elevenses…
The best thing about baking is eating it. The worst thing about baking is the washing up. But with this recipe you can stick it all in one bowl, get your hand whisk out and it’s done. So as you can imagine I’m pretty pleased with this dottycakegirl original recipe, it makes for ideal baking when you’re in a rush. Let’s face it we’re all in a rush, but there’s always time to fill your face with cake. Or is that just me?
The Stars of the show
- 60g Chopped pecans
- 120g Juicy raisins
- 3 Bananas mashed (the riper the better)
- 300g Self raising flour
- 150ml Olive oil
- 150g Light brown sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 12 Mini-loaf cases
For the sticky syrup
- 100g Caster sugar
- 100ml Lemon juice
Working the magic
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºc (mine’s a fan oven, your oven may vary).
- Make your sugar syrup by combining the caster sugar and lemon juice in a pan, put it in a low to medium heat for a few minutes until it nearly boils. Leave to cool.
- Prepare your mini-loaf cases on a baking tray.
- Mix all your ingredients together in a bowl with a hand whisk.
- Using an ice cream scoop fill the mini-loaves, if you find you have some left just split it evenly amongst the loaf cases.
- Pop in the oven!
My mini-loaves took about 20 minutes to cook, but check your cakes after 15 minutes as all ovens vary. To check they are baked pop a metal skewer in, when they are done the skewer should come out clean. Pop the mini-loafs on to a wire rack to cool down a little. Now you can pour that lovely syrup all over them!
The mini-loaves should have a nice light crumb texture, with the pecans mixed throughout. If like mine your raisins sink to the bottom- who cares? Surely there are better things to worry about! If you don’t have any mini-loaf cases just use a regular loaf tin, on 180ºc and check after 45 minutes.
I really hope you try this recipe, it is so quick and low-faff, it’s perfect for busy people!!! Let me know how you get on!!!
Happy baking!!! xxx
Copyright © 2015. Dottycakegirl. All rights reserved.