So I sat down and had a good think about how I wanted this blog to be, and how I didn’t want it to be and came up with some promises- a bit like a Brownie Girl Guide promise, but because it’s me I’ve made it the ‘chocolate brownie promise’!!!
I promise to share with you:
- New baking recipes, tried and tested. Luxurious, low-fat, allergen free and no-bakes included.
- Wedding DIY tutorials that get you excited and don’t break the bank.
- The newest trends in cake decorating, and step by step instructions on how to achieve them.
- Seasonal bakes to make the best use of fruit and vegetable crops.
- Top tips on how to start and run a cake decorating business- I’ve made the mistakes so you don’t have to!!!
- The latest looks and trends from the wedding industry and how to incorporate them in your wedding.
- Interviews with established and up and coming cake designers.
I promise not to:
- Take pictures of ingredients in fancy-schmancy bowls- I’m pretty sure you know what weighed out ingredients look like!
- Tell you it’s an easy recipe, when it’s blatantly high-faff!
- Try and make you believe I’m a super-goddess who juggles home life, full time work and a business without a care. I am certainly no wonder woman, or smug-all-rounder!
- Make recipes that call for ridiculously unobtainable ingredients like yak’s milk or hummingbird’s eggs!
- Judge you for having a ready meal or take-away when you are making a three-tiered cake- ain’t nobody got time for that!!!
So let the blogging commence!
Copyright © 2015 Dottycakegirl. All rights reserved.